Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thinking About What Really Matters

While sleeping in this morning, two phone calls came in - both for Chuck and both with news that wasn't exactly uplifting. Both calls were from different companies and possible job leads. One caller said his company "is under a hiring freeze" and the other caller said "we will keep you in mind but things are tight right now". Naturally I was tempted to feel down.

Saying a prayer what came to me was this - "BE STILL AND KNOW I AM". Now me being me, I tried to analyze that further and what came clear was: don't THINK I AM or HOPE I AM but..... BE STILL AND KNOW. So I rolled over and peacefully fell back to sleep. I need to share this with Chuck as I know he is feeling down about those two calls as well.

The other thing that came to me is keeping what we know in perspective and remembering what really matters. We have our health, each other and the love of our family. I have attached a picture of my mom and brother and us. We are missing Ben (son-in-law) in this picture and of course the baby bump (aka my future grand-daughter) but I had to share a small portion of what really matters!

No comments: