Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's Official

Chuck got the official notice of lay-offs today from management. The waiting is over. We knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when so at least that part of this journey we are through. Not too sure we feel any different on this side of knowing.

He filed for unemployment and continued to make calls and do some job searching online. He is doing all he should be... especially saying lots of prayers. In fact, we both have been doing all we should be in a search for a new job so we can rest in "for today Lord, I did my best".

Let me tell you about one little dog who is thrilled that I have been home. Blu, my little miniature poodle is loving the daily company. He used to be left alone all day while we were away at work with only the radio as company, so now I can't leave his sight. He usually sits right up in the dining room in the chair next to mine while I am working on the laptop. If I get up to do anything he jumps down and follows me even if it means I am up only for a nano-second. Now that Chuck will be home temporarily it may be complete bliss for him! He is my dog technically but I think his heart belongs to Chuck. He loves to curl up in a ball and just sit on Chuck's chest - he would try to sit under his neck if he was allowed to.

We have an older poodle too. Toby is his name, he is going on 15 years old and he is suffering with blindness, deafness, and a bit of dementia but so far his appetite is good and he is not in any pain. As long as I don't move the furniture around (which I used to do quite often) he can get around. Blu drives him crazy sometimes trying to get him to play but Toby holds his own and does his bark and Blu walks away only to try again the next day. I am not a "poodle person" and I never thought I would own a poodle but they are so smart, don't shed (biggest plus in my book) and are loyal as can be. As long as the groomer never ever does the foo-foo poufy cut on my poodles all is well!

Well I give my thanks to the Lord, for another glorious day and ask that He protect us and guide us tomorrow:)

No comments: