Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Job Offer and a Ton of Feelings

Well I went on another interview on May 8, I did my best (as always) but just didn't "feel it". I thought it was another interview that would turn into nothing. I just seriously thought it was a dead end and had no clue that I was "impressive" to the two ladies who interviewed me. I liked the office, the duties weren't bad and I really liked the benefits.

I got home about two hours after the interview time, I got a call from the southeast recruiter for the company who asked me to fill out an online application and permission for a background check. He never really came right out and said they want to hire me but that they would like to receive more information from me. So I did that and about 20 mins. after hitting the send button I received a call from one of the women in the interview telling me that they were really impressed by me and would like to offer me the position. I was surprised, happy, shocked and of course accepted the job. I begin work on May 15.

So no problems right? Except I have a ton of emotions which I don't understand. I know, I know, I should be thrilled but I feel... sad that I won't be home during my granddaughters first days. I was secretly hoping for my husband to find work first so that I could be available to help out my daughter and love up my new granddaughter when she is born. I feel...dread that I am having to start all over again. I feel...anxious, nervous, excited, hopeful, cautious, and scared just to name a few emotions.

I so want to just feel grateful that a job finally opened up to me. I pray that this is where God wants me to be and it was HIS design for me. I want the feeling of peace that only HE can bring. On the bright side (and I need to look at that side more often), I am making a nice salary, I will have medical benefits on day one, and a wonderful three weeks of vacation available to me the first year - all of which is totally AWESOME and almost unheard of in this job market.

I will chalk up this mix of emotions to a long 5 months of unemployment and uncertainity. I can almost say it is like I feel spent emotionally and mentally. I pray now that I continue to walk on the path of my Lord and Savior. I still pray for Chuck to find a job and his unemployment period to be shorter than mine.

I will focus on being grateful for my family and my health. I will look at the bright side of things and concentrate on the positive. I do have SO VERY MUCH to be grateful for!

No comments: