Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


It is now 2009 and may God bless us all. I just wanted to to wish my family and friends a wonderful new year. It was a quiet new year's eve for Chuck and I. We watched a movie, kissed each other at midnight and called it a night! No more parties for us and believe me...I am perfectly content.

Chuck left for NC this evening to go visit his Dad who is not doing well and may not be around much longer. Dad is a strong man but it looks like pneumonia has set in and he just can't get around anymore. Hospice has brought a bed into their house to make him more comfortable. Chuck is joined by his sisters Linda & Debi, his nephew Gary and niece Stephanie and if traffic is minimal and they make good time they should be up there after midnight. It will be a nice surprise for his Dad and for his Mom. I hope the visit is a good one and they spend some quality time together.

I will enjoy the quiet here and use it to catch up on some cleaning and reading. I miss my family when the are not around but I use the time wisely to regroup and have some "me" time.

Lately I have been enjoying catching up with some of my old classmates from high school. This year is our 30th Reunion and the reunion committee has already begun to make contact and there is a website to go to and see all the 'found' classmates. It is fun to read what we are all up to. High school seems like another lifetime ago and I for one am no longer the same person but I doubt very much any of us are.

My best to you all and again Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture is not from 2009 lady!! I demand that you update, perhaps with pictures of that beautiful grand-daughter of yours jumping in her jumperoo or from the visit to the zoo?