Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Summing it Up

It has been a while since I have written anything to post on my blog. My excuses are that I have been distracted, busy spending time with my family, lazy and just plain old not in the mood to sit still long enough to write. I can blame some of it on my laptop, it has reached the stage where I should not have been paying for high speed Internet when all it could handle was dial-up. Ben has tried to work his IT magic on it and we replaced the fan and I deleted as much garbage as I could but still it lagged behind. I am happy to say for Christmas, my wonderful husband bought me a new laptop and I am ready to try and commit to at least bi-weekly (monthly?) updates. Not that my life is that interesting but it is fun to look back and read how things go down or up!

Since I last wrote:

~ I have fallen even more in love with Allison Olivia. She is the highlight of our weekends and Chuck and I literally fall over each other just to hold her. My daughter, son-in-law and Allison come over every Friday and we eat together and hang out or lately we have been playing Wii. Lauren and Allison usually spend Sat. and Sun. afternoons with us too. It is a win-win situation for all - We get to enjoy Allison, Lauren gets to relax and Allison gets lots of hugs, kisses and attention. My son-in law either stays and visits or gets stuff done around his house (or steals a nap I am sure). We all get along and enjoy each other so it is a blessing to live close enough to see them often.


~ Chuck has been busy with his volunteer duties at the fire station. He passed a few more tests for his certification as a Firefighter. Even though he is a Volunteer Fireman - he still has to go through all the training and testing just as if he did this as a full time occupation. He really enjoys the crew of men he works with. Chuck has always been an adrenaline junkie and one to help others so this fits him perfectly. Unfortunately he hasn't been hunting this year at all and our camper up in Georgia has been neglected and I am sure needs a good cleaning. Normally by this time of year he has been up to Georgia a few dozen times but things just haven't worked out that way. I would normally join him too just to get away and enjoy the great outdoors (No, I DO NOT HUNT) but it has been nice to wake up to the crisp cold weather and be all nice and snugly in the comfort of our camper. I usually read and catch up on naps and of course keep the camper clean.

~ I am happy to say we still have our jobs and we are blessed to have paychecks coming in. We know things are fragile out there and the outcome of the election, the economy, the stock market, etc. has us a tad concerned. Chuck was recently told that in the new year if things remain slow for his company that they will need to put him on a 32 hour work week. We both know first hand how fragile employment is. Nothing like being unemployed for 5+ months to keep you looking over your shoulder for the Unemployment Reaper.

~ My mom came to visit and meet Allison. Her visit was as always enjoyable and we were able to spend quality time together and take pictures of the four generations of females which was special. She enjoyed Allison and is looking to come back out here from California soon.

~ My nephew and his wife are moving to Virginia. My niece and her husband in NC announced they are having another baby. My other niece here in FL is having a baby. My nephew in NC got engaged over Christmas. Lots of happy events.

I have hopes and prayers for 2009, as I am sure you all do. I have a grateful heart. I have a will and pride that I need to keep working on and of course the ever present extra pounds I would like to lose but I never make resolutions as I am honest enough to know I am weak. I want to tell my Husband that he is still my best friend and I love and admire him. I want to tell my daughter that she makes me proud and I think she is a wonderful mommy. I want to tell God that I am so humbled and grateful and filled with gratitude that His Son died for my sins and without Him in my life I truly would be lost.

May good health and happiness be with us all in 2009. Happy New Year.

No comments: