Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Beautiful Saturday

Today is a nice, sunny, not too warm day here in FL. I am slowly getting around to doing the things I need and want to be doing around the house. Sort of a light spring cleaning. We are also having a Garage Sale here next Friday and Saturday, so I am going through the closets and gathering stuff - we have too much stuff!

My daughter, her (and my new) friend Maggie, and I went shopping on Thursday, and picked up the decorations, invitations and misc. for the Baby Shower. We have a few more items to get, put we put a huge dent in the list of "Things to Do".

We settled on a date, time, menu, and all the other little things that make for a baby shower. It was so much fun and so enjoyable that I can honestly say this is one of the happiest times of my life! Thank you God.

Chuck had an interview yesterday, and although a formal job offer isn't in front of him... it looks good. I pray that this is indeed what the Lord wants for him. Chuck is such a hard working, good and honest employee that I pray he finds the job that will bring him contentment and fulfillment. I am praying that God's Will be done not ours. He is supposed to meet again on Monday with the man who could be his supervisor. So I will keep you posted on that development.

I am learning to be calm and actually embrace this quiet time in my life. I can honestly say my new granddaughter-to-be is bringing me so much joy that who has time to be stressed?

No comments: